Building Code Board of Appeals
The Building Code Board of Appeals consists of five members who serve a three-year term.
Primary powers and duties of the Board include situations when:
- The decision of the building official is not consistent with the true intent of the building code
- The provisions of the building code have been incorrectly interpreted
- The provisions of the building code do not apply
- A proposed equivalent level of safety needs to be evaluated
Initiating an Appeal
To initiate an appeal you must:
- Either have been denied a building permit or challenged a code interpretation of the plans examiner or field inspector.
- Submit a letter to the Chief Building Official requesting that the Building Code Board of Appeals be assembled.
- Submit a filing fee of $150 to the Building Department. The filing fee will be refunded if the board reverses the decision of the Chief Building Official.
To find out more about the roles and guidelines of appointed and elected City positions, read A Citizens Advisory Guide to Boards, Committees and Commissions.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Building Code Board of Appeals, apply online.
- Ron Alul, Board Member
- William Huss, Board Member
- Roger Levy, Board Member
- Victor Don Perrin, Board Member
- Keith Tayon, Board Member