Leaf Vacuuming & Limb Chipping
- The Leaf Vacuuming Program for the 2018 spring season has been completed. Future dates
for the fall collection will be posted on this website and in the Newsletter after the summer.
Preparing your leaves for pick up:Loose leaves are vacuumed by the Public Works Department in fall and spring for single-family residences.
- Place leaves along the front lawn edge of your property adjacent to the curb.
- Keep leaves away from mailboxes and landscaped areas.
- Do not place leaves in the street or on common ground or cover the sidewalk.
- Leaves should be placed at the curb before 7:00 a.m. on the Monday of your pick-up week. No later.
- Leaves will be picked up any day during the scheduled week, weather permitting.
City crews have completed collection in Wards 1 & 2 as scheduled.
They will begin in Wards 3 & 4 on Monday, September 10. Please be sure to have your
limbs at the curb before 7 a.m. on the Monday date to insure removal. Thank you.
Preparing your limbs for chipping: Limb chipping service is provided by the Public Works Department in spring, summer and fall for single-family residences. Below are some program guidelines:
- Place your limbs at the curb for chipping and not in the street.
- Limbs less than 3' long, less than 0.5" in diameter, or larger than 3" diameter cannot be chipped, but may be bundled or bagged for collection by Republic Services on your trash day.
- The city does not pick up limbs from vacant lots or common ground areas.
- Piles containing leaves, evergreens, vines, bamboo, root balls or thorns will not be picked up.
- Large limb piles generated by contractors completing major tree trimming, tree removals, or lot clearing are not eligible for the program.
- There is a 15 minute maximum time limit per residence. This is required in order to provide service to all residences in a timely manner.