Leaf Vacuuming & Limb Chipping
*UPDATE: Although Leaf collection services were suspended late last week (week of November 12) due to the snow event, they resumed in Wards 1&2 on Monday, November 19. Our goal is to have this area completed by Wednesday, November 21, 2018.Please be sure to have you leaves at the curb (not in the street or on common ground) by 7 a.m. on the Monday date to insure removal. Thank you.
Below is the upcoming schedule by Ward:WARDS 3 & 4 (week of) WARDS 1 & 2 (week of)
- November 5 November 12*
November 26 December 3
December 10 December 17
City crews have completed their FINAL collection for the 2018 season in all wards, The program will start up again in the spring of 2019. Please refer to this website and newsletter for information closer to that season. Thank you.
Preparing your limbs for chipping: Limb chipping service is provided by the Public Works Department in spring, summer and fall for single-family residences. Below are some program guidelines:
- Place your limbs at the curb for chipping and not in the street.
- Limbs less than 3' long, less than 0.5" in diameter, or larger than 3" diameter cannot be chipped, but may be bundled or bagged for collection by Republic Services on your trash day.
- The city does not pick up limbs from vacant lots or common ground areas.
- Piles containing leaves, evergreens, vines, bamboo, root balls or thorns will not be picked up.
- Large limb piles generated by contractors completing major tree trimming, tree removals, or lot clearing are not eligible for the program.
- There is a 15 minute maximum time limit per residence. This is required in order to provide service to all residences in a timely manner.