Why Inspection Fails
- Form oil has dripped onto the steel reinforcement or top of the footing.
- There is mud on top of the footing.
- The required key-way is not in the footing or it is in the footing, but is not in the formed foundation walls.
- The steel reinforcement is not the grade, type or size specified in the approved plans.
- The forms have been installed on both sides of the walls so that the steel reinforcement placement, laps, size grade etc. cannot be verified.
- Cold weather concreting protective measures have not been taken.
- The steel reinforcement has not been placed, lapped or tied per the approved plans.