Leaf Vacuuming & Limb Chipping
Leaf VacuumingThe Leaf Vacuuming Program for the 2018 FALL season has been determined and will begin the first week in November. Below is the upcoming schedule by Ward:
- WARDS 3 & 4 (week of) WARDS 1 & 2 (week of)
November 5 November 12
November 26 December 3
December 10 December 17
City crews will be completing their FINAL collection in Wards 3 & 4 for the season on Friday, October 12, 2018.
They will begin the FINAL collection Wards 1 & 2 on Monday, October 15, 2018. Please be sure to have limbs at the curb by 7 a.m. on the Monday date to insure removal for the season.
Preparing your limbs for chipping: Limb chipping service is provided by the Public Works Department in spring, summer and fall for single-family residences. Below are some program guidelines:
- Place your limbs at the curb for chipping and not in the street.
- Limbs less than 3' long, less than 0.5" in diameter, or larger than 3" diameter cannot be chipped, but may be bundled or bagged for collection by Republic Services on your trash day.
- The city does not pick up limbs from vacant lots or common ground areas.
- Piles containing leaves, evergreens, vines, bamboo, root balls or thorns will not be picked up.
- Large limb piles generated by contractors completing major tree trimming, tree removals, or lot clearing are not eligible for the program.
- There is a 15 minute maximum time limit per residence. This is required in order to provide service to all residences in a timely manner.